Conditions for the Hire of Containers and Services
In these conditions ‘Beefy’s Skips’ are the registered carrier, ‘hirer’ means person, or company to which accounts are rendered and the ‘site’ means the place where the container or the service is, on the direction of the hirer. Beefy’s Skips enters into the agreement for the hire of containers and disposal of the contents upon the following conditions:
1. No agent or employee of Beefy’s Skips is permitted to alter or vary these conditions in any way to give any consent thereunder unless he is authorised to do so.
2. Beefy’s Skips will use their best endeavours to comply with the hirer’s requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying containers which may be cause directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond the control of Beefy’s Skips or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions or by any act or neglect on the part of the hirer.
3. The hirer shall ensure that the site is of sufficient strength and suitability for the container and safe operations of the vehicles.
4. The hirer shall direct the driver where to deposit or service any container.
5. If the hirer requests vehicles to deliver service containers off the public highway the hirer must accept full responsibility for any claims, damage or expenses Beefy’s Skips may thereby sustain whether as a result of damage to vehicles themselves or containers or the property of the hirer or the property of third parties or any personal injuries to the hirers or third parties and will indemnify Beefy’s Skips against all claims.
6. The time allowed for depositing or servicing a container is fifteen (15) minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this time the hirer shall be liable for a day work charge.
7. The hirer shall ensure that Beefy’s Skips has at least two (3) clear working days’ notice to apply to place a container on the public highway as under the Highways Act 1971. The hirer will be charged at a rate as applicable to the authority. The permit will take at least 3 working days for Gloucester, 5 working days for Swindon, 12 working days for Wiltshire.
8. The hirer shall ensure from the time that the container is deposited until it is picked up again by Beefy’s Skips:
(a) It is properly sited in accordance with the permission given
(b) It is properly coned and lighted during the hours of darkness.
(c) No fires are lit in it.
(d) It is filled no higher than the top of its sides.
(e) It suffers no damage other than fair wear and tear.
9. The hirer shall reimburse Beefy’s Skips in respect of any loss or damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the container from whatsoever cause. They shall also indemnify Beefy’s Skips in respect of any claims for injury to persons or damage of any lights and cones used.
10. The hirer shall not move the container from where originally sited, unless consent is given by Beefy’s Skips.
11. The hirer shall ensure that no waste listed on S.I.1980/1709, or any re-enactment thereof, including asbestos, solvents, minerals or grease or waste of any toxic/hazardous nature be deposited in the container.
(a) Notwithstanding the terms in condition 11, the hirer must immediately notify Beefy’s Skips, who will apply and notify any relevant authority.
(b) In the event of any waste of any toxic and/or hazardous nature being discovered within a container on receipt of that loaded container at the waste station, Beefy’s Skips reserves the right to return the container and contents unprocessed to the site where the hirer must remove any such waste of any toxic and/or hazardous nature from the container before it is collected again for processing.
(c) The hirer shall indemnify Beefy’s Skips at the higher rate for content of this nature and any costs incurred for its removal.
(d) A representative, but non-exhaustive, list of Prohibited Materials can be viewed here.
12. In the event that the container is overloaded or if payment for the hire of any container shall not have been made or if any payment in respect of such hire shall not have been met on presentation then in each and every case Beefy’s Skips shall reserve the right to unload the container on the site without incurring any liability for loss or damage occasioned by such action.
13. Except as specifically otherwise agreed the hirer shall fill the container within the period of hire and shall inform Beefy’s Skips in good time of its readiness for collection or servicing. A charge may be made for each day of the said period.
14. Beefy’s Skips shall ensure the container is clearly marked with their name and telephone number.
15. Beefy’s Skips will remove or reposition any container if required to do so by the Highway Authority or local Constabulary.
16. Beefy’s Skips agrees to disposal of the waste at registered sites.