The following is a list of Prohibited Materials and Items that are not allowed to be loaded or carried in our skips when hired for general or mixed waste disposal:
- Paints & Thinners
- Fluorescent Tubes & Light Bulbs
- Oils, Oil Filters, Grease & Grease Cartridges
- Gas Bottles, Fire Extinguishers
- Pressurised Bottles etc.
- Wood treated with Bitumen
- Fridges / Freezers
- Food/Animal/Human waste
- TV/Computer Monitors – (flat screen acceptable)
- Other hazardous substances
Potentially Hazardous Demolition Waste Wood
The items BELOW are potentially hazardous if FROM pre-2007 buildings
1. Barge Boards, Fascias and Soffits
2. External Joinery (wooden windows & conservatories
3. External Doors
4. Roof Timbers
5. Tiling & Cladding Battens
6. Timber Frames / Joists
These items are unacceptable and will be rejected alongside items such as telegraph poles and railway sleepers unless they have been tested and proved non-hazardous.
For example, plasterboard can be accepted in a separate Skip or individual Bags.